That’s right but if you stop and think about it having the home of the Lord of the Rings films represented at SDC by their department of tourism isn’t such a huge stretch. They are actually there to give away a pretty nifty prize. Here are the details:
The New Zealand department of Tourism will be giving away a trip of a lifetime to Middle Earth to one lucky fanboy –including tickets to the World Premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in Wellington, New Zealand.
In association with Weta and Air New Zealand, the journey to Middle Earth for the winner and a companion will include:
• 6 day trip for two to New Zealand – www.newzealand.com
• Round-trip flights on Air New Zealand – http://www.airnewzealand.com
• VIP tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set – http://www.hobbitontours.com/
• Visit the Weta Cave and meet the artists from Weta Workshop – http://www.wetanz.com/
• See movie set locations in Queenstown – http://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/
• PLUS – two tickets to the World Premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, in Wellington on 28 November, 2012-06-13 –
Fans can enter to win exclusively at the Weta booth at Comic-Con San Diego.